I have an event detector that raises an alarm if the time stamp register value obtained from a data source does not change in more than one minute (I read that source every second, over Ethernet). Shortly after 3am almost every night, the following occurs:
- The time stamp unchanged alarm is raised,
- The CPU idle goes down
- CPU I/O wait goes up.
- Points to write goes way up
- Disk block writes goes up, but disk block reads goes way up
- Medium Priority Work Items shoots up from zero into the thousands
- What are these Medium Priority Work Items? Why is the peak number so different each night?
- How can I minimize the load or quantity of that 3am thread?
- Can Mango be modified so the Medium Priority Work Items are assigned a priority that is low enough to not interfere with data source reading?
- Can the Medium Priority Work items be staggered so they're not all submitted at 3am?
- Can Mango be modified so that reading a data source is assigned a higher priority thread?