Is it possible to pass data from a chart to a gauge? When I mouseover to a point on a chart, a popup box automatically give me the point value. How can I pass that point value and bind it to the gauge or to any other indicator? So When I move my mouse to different point, it changes the gauge.
Bind data from chart to gauge
The .Value portion of the axis name is the name of the column from the data table it is plotted from. This means - purely for your own sanity - you can change the value plotted on the yAxis to something other than the 'Value' column for your existing series. Perhaps graph ts vs. ts. This is controlled in the data provider section, of the series tab, on the chart object.
Not certain I understand why you copy pasted something I said in another thread Alice, but I do appreciate the reminder to answer this question.
To solve the mouse-over driving gauge, we can use a custom item renderer....
- Select the chart you wish to get data out of.
- Add a dynamic property... why not call it "GaugeValue".
- Now go to the series on your chart that you're trying to get data from... maybe "Series (1)" in the properties of that chart element.
- Go to the "Markers" subsection, and enable markers.
- Set the "Item Renderer" to "custom" and click the edit item renderer button.
- Open the properties tab of your item renderer, notice that you have the value available, and that you can progress through the series.
- Place a circle inside the item renderer window, and set its width and height to 100%. Then, set the dimensions of the outermost container to something like 1x1.
- Place a behavior on your circle, a "Roll Over" behavior.
- Add a state setter, click and drag on the target button to select the outermost container in the "Outline", which should be "Group_#####" by default
- Modify the "Field" to what will probably be near the bottom of the list... "GaugeValue"
- Bind the value from the opened "Properties" window connected to the item renderer window over to the "Value" area in our behavior.
- Click apply. While waiting for your chart to spit out the custom item renderers, consider if the application can stand this kind of delay when the chart is modified. I don't believe it will draw the chart, then draw and finally dump the item renderers. Instead it will update the chart as a unit, but that minimum draw period is increased.
- Bind "GaugeValue" from your chart area into your gauge's value input.
- Test. If you test by looking at the dynamic property list and hoping to see it change, know that it doesn't update like that. So, you can mouse over a point, then double click the property to get it's current value and check to see if it's updated.