• coreyf

    Phil,

    The 5V power supply was being used for the barrel jack directly on the single board computer (SBC) in the ES. The first unit we received from IAS actually came with a similar power supply, and we've been using them for powering ES devices on the lab bench while we configure them.

    Moving forward, we're going to switch to using the screw terminal block power input with a compatible power source.

    posted in User help read more
  • coreyf

    I believe we've isolated the cause of our problems to the new power supply. It's a 5V 2A power supply, which should be sufficient per the SBC's spec, but I suspect that it may be a switching supply or we're pulling more load than expected or some other issue is causing it to fault.

    Moving forward, I'd prefer to power our device through the screw terminal inputs. I have some more detailed technical questions on that front, but I'll reach out over email since this might be beyond the scope of the forums.

    posted in User help read more
  • coreyf

    Thanks for all the responses. I'm out of the office the rest of this week, but can try to debug when I'm back on Tuesday.

    What I can tell you at the moment is...

    I'm accessing the interface over the LAN. It was working prior to importing the JSON config, and nothing about the setup changed on the browser end.

    I tried SSH with port 2222 using PuTTY. It would try to establish a connection, and Mango ES would actively refuse. Sometimes, if I caught it at the right time, I could establish a connection and log in, but after 10-15 seconds, it would stop responding.

    The system crash was that, when refreshing the browser, all lights on the device would turn off except for power, then the lights would go through the normal bootup pattern, finishing with two or three flashes of the three aux lights. During this time, the web interface would show boot up output, before going back to the spinning ring. I can check the ma.log when I'm back in the office.

    I did rename/delete the individual H2 database and it created a new one, but with no effect. I'll check it out again when I'm back.

    posted in User help read more
  • coreyf

    It seems I spoke too soon. After configuring the device a bit (adding users, etc), updating modules, and restarting, it's back to misbehaving. The GUI load circle spins indefinitely, then when refreshing the page, the device crashes and repeat.

    posted in User help read more
  • coreyf

    Well, as seems to be my luck on this forum, the moment I posted, I tried to refresh the device again after it's been idling for a good 15 minutes, and now it seems to be working again. The GUI loaded okay and I'm able to login, and it's behaving as though it's a fresh install as expected after clearing the H2 database.

    Not sure what was going on, but I'm not going to try the config import again for now since we critically need this device working tomorrow. I'm just going to manually set it up.

    Either way, if I didn't use the recommended method for migrating configuration between devices, and there's a suggested way to do it, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'm curious if there's a theory on why the GUI became unusable after importing a configuration JSON.

    posted in User help read more
  • coreyf

    I tried to migrate the users, system settings, point property templates, global scripts, excel report templates, and graphical views from Mango ES serial number 3386 to serial number 3396 using the Configuration Import/Export utility in the new GUI. The unit in question, 3396, seemed to be working okay before this. After importing the JSON and restarting, it's now unusable via the web interface. It boots showing the debug output on the web page, then when it tries to launch the GUI, the spinning loading ring just stays there. When the page is refreshed, the system crashes and it starts again.

    I also cannot access the system over SSH. I plugged a monitor in and was able to delete the H2 database and clear the jsp folder so that they can be repopulated. The problem persists.

    I'm trying to figure out how to recover this unit. I cannot provide any detailed info from the web GUI since I can't get to it, but I can provide anything accessible over local CLI. Firmware is V3_XU4_3.2.1_09_06_17_R. Accessing the device over Firefox 56.0.1 on Windows 10.

    posted in User help read more