thank you phil
the data is real time data, it is read on the device side every 4hrs and looks like:
12:00 - 5.42
12:15 - 9.24
12:30 - 4.98
and so on.
saving those values, or even updating the points' runtimes with the newest values on the server side is exactly what I need
I guess I encountered it, because using the latest settings (prior to 1 milliseconds) I do see gaps of 4hrs in the data here and there.
I would very much appreciate your recommendation for the settings I need in this case.
Hi Craig and Phil
- setting the "Synchronize history prior to" to 1 millisecond did solve the problem - and I can now see the data in the master mango as close to "real time" as I can (thank you Craig)
- (Phil) "Are you publishing / recording real time data?" , well no, it's historical data of the last 4 hours
3 (Phil) "I would hesitate ... which is not a safe assumption" - what should I be worried about? what might happen?
thank you Craig for the quick reply.
the data is successfully synced up to yesterday using :
- publisher's crop pattern = daily 0 0 1 * * ?
- publisher's history synchronization = 1 day
- point's logging type = All data
however I'd like to sync the data as it arrives.
while I know that on 8:00 I'll be receiving the data samples with 15min. gap in the range of 4:00 to 8:00,
I was not able to configure the system to sync this data on 8:05, nor on any other hour on the same day
changing the publisher's crop pattern to 0 0 0/2 ? * * * together with history synchronization of 6 hours
changing point's logging type to intervals of 15 min / 4 hours
however none of that seemed to work
I appreciate your help